Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Girlfriend

"My girlfriend is allergic to tomatoes,
so please, leave them off that second order."
Of course, I hate tomatoes and,
while I'm not allergic,
I don't want to eat them,
so I'll pick them off the other
dish when I get home.

See, my girlfriend's the jealous type,
she conveniently steps in whenever I'm
hit on at a party.
That's actually how we started dating.
A girl was coming on too strong
and suddenly
there was my new girlfriend,
signaling,
back off.

Recently, though, she's gotten very good
at keeping others at bay.
She's very subtle.
I keep eating the extra
meals I order for her.
And each time I see my gut
growing
in the mirror
I worry,
just maybe,
she's starting to exist.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, now I am wondering if you ate your twin too, but in some much more complicated way of also having conceived of her. Dude.

    ReplyDelete