Wednesday, April 1, 2009

For Gertie

[Since Tim decided to override my suggestion for a clearly superior blog title, I thought I'd grace you with a Gertrude Stein imitation. Not trying to hate on my girl G -- she was a proud member of the family and hey, anybody out of favor with Hemingway is a friend of mine. Be on the lookout for LEAVES OF SASS on an internet near you, detracting flannel womb Twimathy Demizzle be darned.]

So, what's next?

Make it happen.
Happen once
And again
It happens
As it happens
Gritty gritty happenings
Hapless in the art of causations
As a woman has a cow
The course is a coarse cursory curse on cusps.
Of course the course crumbles
Crispy course
Crabby course
Course criss crosses
Cursive crags of courses
Hay for horses
Crip crap curdled crew
I like poetry so do you.

2 comments: