Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fragments of Hosea

[For some reason the story of Hosea is something I've returned to over and over for a while now. I will likely write many more fragments through this month. Here are some initial ones.]

Fragments of Hosea

I.
I met you in the field
where you were sowing, your face
was covered and I saw only your
eyes

II.
My love you will wither in time–
this is our chorus though we do not
believe it

III.
How long
is the night! There is the moon
or it is a hole into behind the deep sky where

only white is

IV.
I knew you before we had wed
From the light that pierces all things
– His–

Others knew you also

V.
…the failure
of my time. Repentance?
Something like it, love

VI.
I pray dear Father …
[…] all eternity …

in the borders of […]

a thimble

No comments:

Post a Comment